Saturday, October 23, 2010

Kansas

The sweet, warm earth of home

Always asking to come and to roam


Far away from these walls of dust and of rocks

Back there, across the many miles I’ve crossed


My heart can understand that place

Far removed from this land of waste


It invites, welcomes, accepts, embraces,

With wide and such forgiving spaces


There is room there to breathe, and plenty of space to wander

Accommodating to even the most restless of drifters


The only place I can now call my home -

yet it's so far away from where is truly my home.


It doesn’t try to be something it’s not

But melts into an afterthought


It bows its head, and falls asleep

No goals to meet or agenda to keep


Opened arms and gaping skies

Empty of any sort of trick or disguise


Peace does abound where the simple is found

With no barriers or secrets, no burden to weigh down


Just a simple, and silent place, which God laid out for me

With so much space to think, and just enough room to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment