Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Condemned

Don't let a label define you.

It's ironic, because not only can we judge others, but even ourselves.

Don't act a certain way just because you have been told that's how you are.

"This is my love language"

"This is my style of influence"

"I have this psychological disorder"

"I'm just a _______ person"

Don't condemn yourself!

There's nothing that is beyond your grasp, through the power of God.

For goodness' sake, if the blind can see, and the lame walk, surely someone with "ADHD" can have a clear and focused mind, and a timid, sensitive person can step up and be a leader.

Give God a chance to change you.

Don't tell Him about your shortcomings, let HIM tell you what you can and can't do.

Moses learned this perhaps better than anyone:

But Moses said to the Lord, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue."

Then the Lord said to him,
"Who has made man’s mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

But he said, "Oh, my Lord, please send someone else."

Don't tell God what you can and can't do. Ask Him and listen to what He wants you to do, search His Word, and trust that He will be with you as you do those things.

I am telling this to myself as much as to anyone else. Strive, grow, be excellent people and show the world how much better it is to love the God that we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment