Sunday, January 23, 2011

More Than Conquerors

Many metal songs have been written about this idea. It is truly amazing though, and it's vital to understand. I believe that the more real this idea is to those who believe in Christ, the more passionate and self-sacrificing we will be. Nothing can touch us. Our bodies may die, but that's nothing. The hope in Christ as redeemer is what motivates us to Sacrifice every part of ourselves for Him. That is why we deny our flesh, rid ourselves of sin, make ourselves miserable for His sake.

MORE THAN CONQUERORS


This glory is such that it eclipses death

With this purpose there is no fear

Without fear there is no impossible

The grave holds no sway

There is no terror in the sword

For my God defeated death.

And His victory is my own.


Come plague, hunger, pain, and death

Rain down blackness, hate, and Hell itself

I welcome them all with a smile and a laugh

Light and fleeting trouble

A distraction, annoyance compared to the life He will bring


A short sigh in the infinity of time

A blink of light in the blaze of the sun

The world itself will crumble away

But we will stand under His wings.

My God is accomplishing His task

My only duty is faithful surrender


My body means nothing without You in control

So I offer it up, along with my soul

Never lose sight of the goal, my brothers

The presence of the King changes everything.
EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment